Mobile Connect - A total solution
As a Managed Services company, Spirit has developed a total enterprise mobility solution.
Mobile Connect™ is a vital part of this, providing full solution lifecycle management. This ranges from implementation (including solution design and customisation, installation, testing and training) through to managed support. This ensures that you gain the maximum benefits from the system and the optimum return on your investment.
Our ‘A to Z’ of our total solution includes:
- Airtime. We sell SIM cards and airtime as part of the package and support the carrier for them.
- Back Office. Spirit’s software platform is back-end agnostic. It offers seamless integration into back-end enterprise solutions such as Sage, SAP, web services, SQL / Oracle, Maximo, flat files and proprietary systems. You can use the application to integrate with one or more back ends. You can also safely change the back end over the lifetime of the application.
- Buffer stock management. Spirit is always looking at potential risks and we are asked to do business continuity planning and disaster recovery. Buffer stock management helps to avoid downtime. If a customer’s device is damaged or fails, they will want a replacement quickly, so we store additional devices and can reconfigure a new one and ship it out the next day.
- Change control. Once a sign-off document is completed, any changes required to the functionality of the software are processed using Spirit’s change management procedures. As the changes are authorised and implemented, the full specification will be updated and placed in version control.
- Client. The Mobile Connect™ Client is the application that is installed on the mobile device. Compatible with a multitude of devices and operating systems, it can house all of the pertinent application data and business logic on the device or wirelessly download it in real time from the Mobile Connect™ Server.
- Cloud. Mobile Connect™ provides seamless integration with mobile device management (MDM) packages, including MobiControl, Mobile Iron and AirWatch Cloud Deployment. It supports various deployment options and is available on public or private clouds. Our highly trained mobility experts can help you with the design and implementation of your network infrastructure solution.
We also provide Software as a Service (SaaS) via the cloud. This eliminates the need to run the software from your own hardware. There are no installation costs, it’s future-proof and can be set up immediately (and the app is updated automatically).
- Consultancy and a trusted advisor. Consultancy can involve many activities, including technical workshops to define the business processes before deciding on the specific software needed. As a trusted advisor, we work with all of the manufacturers and third parties so that we can make recommendations. We can also provide you with different devices to evaluate and can help you to configure some software so that you can trial the devices.
- Documentation. Full documentation for the solution is provided.
- Geofencing. A geo-fence is a virtual perimeter for a real geographical area. When a location-aware mobile device enters or exits a geo-fence, the device receives a generated notification. This could contain information about the location of the device.
For example, geofencing can be used for monitoring and alerts if delivery drivers go beyond their specified geographic location. Sophisticated MDM software enables organisations to define geo-fences and assign rules that permit actions to be applied whenever users enter or leave specified areas.
- Hardware support. There is a huge diversity of mobile devices, with very little standardisation. Deploying a solution that will suit all of your users can be very difficult. Mobile Connect™ takes the risk out of your mobile projects by supporting the hardware you need, both today and tomorrow. Please visit our Manufacturing Partners page for a list of our leading hardware suppliers.
- Helpdesk. Our helpdesk, which uses the ITIL standard, provides you with first, second and third line support.
- Hosting. We can provide a dedicated server for you in a state-of-the-art data centre. We work in partnership with the data centre provider to ensure that a seamless and secure solution is provided. We regularly monitor the data centre, have regular review meetings and monitor data and bandwidth usage to provide you with peace of mind. We also have an agreed set of SLAs that we pass on to you.
If you require hosting, you can choose a dedicated physical machine or dedicated virtual machines, depending on the data and bandwidth required.
- Integration. We integrate our solutions with different systems, including third party systems. Even if the software or Wi-Fi will sit on the customer site, we will also carry out the implementation, testing, training and handover, if needed.
- Implementation services. We will install everything, configure it and train users on it - whether it is the Wi-Fi, server, software or the devices.
- Mobile device management (MDM). This is third-party software that sits on the server and that enables you to control and manage all of your mobile devices from a remote location. This enables them to boost your efficiency, customer service and future cost savings.
- Payment options. We offer both subscription services and a pay-as-you-go option. Included in the subscription (depending on your needs) are: mobile user licences; any number of central management users; hosting; support; upgrades; branding; integration; and an extensive reporting suite. We also offer a full range of optional extras.
- Project management. Our Projects team uses Prince 2 project management methodology.
- Roll-outs. We provide roll-outs of the solutions across depots.
- Security. We provide security for all aspects of the solution. For both software and devices, we ensure that it is password protected and locked down. We also offer encryption of your data and communications. Whatever your security requirements, we can provide these as part of the solution.
- Server. The Mobile Connect™ Server acts as an intermediary between the mobile application and the back-end system(s), pulling information and posting transactions as required. It also handles all of the communications, synchronisation, device management, security, error handling, personalisation and transactional controls needed for the mobile solution to function.
- Software development. Our platform uses tried and tested Microsoft C# .Net technologies. The Managed Services team includes a Development team, the Helpdesk team, a Projects team (including business analysts and a project manager) and Technical Engineers, all combining to deliver a total solution. Within software development, we use an industry-based Agile methodology.
- Support. As part of our comprehensive support services, we also provide software support, support for your engineers, and we give them remote access to our service centre.
- Technical workshops. We always insist upon a technical workshop (typically run by business analysts) before deciding upon the right software for your company. The workshop also gives rise to the project initiation document (i.e. the contract); the high-level functional specification; and perhaps the data mapping and integration document. These will go to the customer for approval - once signed off, we carry out the software development.
- Testing. Because Spirit is involved in both Wi-Fi and vehicle installations, as well as software development, we are also involved in many different types of testing.
- Training. This includes ‘Train the Trainer’ sessions; training the end user on software or the administration of the system; or providing the customer with a hosted server and training them on how to use mobile device management software.
Please contact us to find out more about how Mobile Connect™ could meet your specific needs.